Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce
This cilantro chimichurri sauce consists of finely chopped cilantro and parsley, jalapeño, minced garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar and lime juice.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavors into the oil before using. Ideally you want to let it sit for more than 2 hours, if time allows.
You can also throw all the ingredients except for the olive oil in food processor and puree. Then slowly add olive oil until combined.
- If you like some heat, you can control it by keeping some of the seeds from the jalapeño pepper.
- Use quality olive oil as part of the taste comes from it.
- While store-bought bottles can be quite convenient, they lack in flavor compared to the real thing. It really isn’t that much extra work to freshly squeeze the lime and you’ll notice a difference in flavor.
Serving: 1tbsp | Calories: 33kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 10mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0.2mg