Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce
This cilantro chimichurri sauce consists of finely chopped cilantro and parsley, jalapeño, minced garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar and lime juice.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavors into the oil before using. Ideally you want to let it sit for more than 2 hours, if time allows.
You can also throw all the ingredients except for the olive oil in food processor and puree. Then slowly add olive oil until combined.
- If you like some heat, you can control it by keeping some of the seeds from the jalapeño pepper.
- Use quality olive oil as part of the taste comes from it.
- While store-bought bottles can be quite convenient, they lack in flavor compared to the real thing. It really isn’t that much extra work to freshly squeeze the lime and you’ll notice a difference in flavor.
Serving: 1tbsp | Calories: 33kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 10mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0.2mg