Honey Garlic Salmon
This quick and easy pan-fried salmon with a sweet and sticky honey garlic lemon glaze is the perfect healthy weeknight meal.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 4 (6 oz) salmon filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on one side. (If it's still stuck to pan, give it more time to cook)
Flip and cook for another minute. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Combine honey and lemon juice in small bowl and add to the pan to deglaze. Cook for another 2 minutes or until salmon is cooked and sauce is thickened.
Spoon sauce over salmon and serve immediately. Top with parsley if desired.
- Use wild salmon when possible. It is healthier for you and just tastes better.
- Add cold oil to a cold skillet and let heat up to proper temperature before adding the salmon. You’ll know it is ready when the oil starts to shimmer.
- Once salmon is added to the pan, cook undisturbed for 5 minutes so a nice crust forms. Plus if you try to flip the salmon too quickly, it will stick.
- Don't add garlic until right before you add honey/lemon juice mixture so it doesn't burn.
- Add sliced lemons to sauce if you want additional lemon flavor.
- You know the salmon is done when it is opaque and easily flakes.
Serving: 1salmon filet | Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 35.5mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.1mg