Crispy Baked Tofu
By using cornstarch and baking for 30-40 minutes, this crispy baked tofu is in fact crispy and is a great option for eating something healthy.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 block extra-firm tofu (12-15 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
Preheat oven to 400°F. Drain the water from the tofu and place on a paper-towel lined plate. Press down for 15-30 minutes with something heavy. I have a panini press that I use but also have heard tofu presses are great as well.
Slice the tofu so you get 1/2" cubes. In a medium bowl, toss the tofu with olive oil, soy sauce and cornstarch. Toss until everything is evenly coated, being careful to not break the tofu.
Place evenly in a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the tofu is golden brown.
- Extra-firm tofu is the only way to go to actually get crispy.
- Do not skip placing something heavy over the tofu for at least 30 minutes to release the excess water.
- Be consistent with the size you slice the tofu so it cooks evenly.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 1.8mg