Beer Cheese Dip
This cheese dip made with your favorite beer is the perfect recipe for hosting friends and can be ready in just 15 minutes.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until combined and cooked through, about 1 minute.
Slowly add the milk, beer, mustard, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper, whisking until everything is combined.
Stirring constantly, cook until mixture has thickened slightly, about 3-5 minutes. Add cheese and whisk until smooth.
Taste for seasoning and serve warm.
- Don’t use pre-shredded cheese. It doesn’t taste as good and also has additional ingredients that you don’t need.
- If the dip seems a too thick, whisk in some milk 1 tbsp at a time and if it is too thin, just add some more cheese.
- Keep the beer cheese dip warm on a cheese fondue warmer or in a mini slow cooker.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 288mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g