Banana Nutella Crepes
These banana Nutella crepes, or French pancakes, are simple to make but loaded with bananas, Nutella and topped with some granola.
Servings 12 crepes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Butter for coating pan
- 4-6 bananas, cut into 1/2 in slices
- 1 jar Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup granola (I use Bear Naked Cacao & Cashew Butter)
In a blender, combine the flour, milk, water, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt and pulse for 20 seconds. Place the crepe batter in fridge for 1 hour, which allows the bubbles to settle down. (If you don't have an extra hour, it's not a huge deal. I made these without waiting)
Heat an eight inch non-stick pan over medium heat. Add butter to coat pan. Pour about 1/4 cup crepe mixture into center of pan and tilt/swirl the pan so the batter spreads evenly. Cook for about 1 minute, until the bottom is light brown. Use a spatula and flip and cook for another 30 seconds. Place on plate and repeat process until all batter is cooked.
Once crepes are done, spread a thin layer of hazelnut spread (about 1 tbsp) across middle of crepe and add 4-5 sliced bananas. Roll crepe and place seam-side down. Repeat with remaining crepes. Top with some banana slices and granola.
- Use Blender – a blender is important in creating thing crepe batter where everything is mixed.
- Rest the Batter – if you have the time, rest the batter for 1 hour so the gluten relaxes and bubbles go away.
- Use Heavy Bottom Pan – your pan needs to heat evenly, so it is important that it has a thick bottom that will achieve this.
- Wipe Skillet – by using butter, it will eventually burn so wipe the skillet between crepe batches to keep from having burned crepes.
- Don’t Flip Too Early – wait until the surface of your crepe is no longer shiny and the edges are starting to brown before you try and flip your crepe. If you flip it too early it will tear.
Serving: 1crepe | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.4mg