Balsamic Peach Chicken
Chicken cooked in a balsamic reduction with fresh peaches and tomatoes topped with some basil makes for the perfect end of summer meal that can be cooked in under 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts cutlets or chicken tenderloins
- salt + black pepper
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
In a large skillet over medium-heat, heat olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned, Transfer to a platter and cover to keep warm while you make the sauce.
Add sliced onion to same skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add balsamic and water and cook until reduced by half. Stir in honey, peaches and tomatoes and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Return the chicken to the the skillet and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Top with fresh basil and serve immediately.
- Use chicken cutlets or cut chicken breasts in half so the chicken is thin enough to cook quickly.
- Add cold oil to a cold skillet and let heat up to proper temperature before adding the chicken. You’ll know it is ready when the oil starts to shimmer.
- Use fresh peaches and tomatoes. You'll notice the difference in the taste.
- You know the chicken is cooked when it reaches 165°F with an instant-read thermometer or if you cut into the chicken and the juices run clear and there is no pink. Honestly, I always just cut the chicken to see when it is done. If it isn’t just cook slightly longer.
- Leftovers will store well in the fridge for 2-3 days in an air-tight container or be frozen for 3 months.
Serving: 1chicken breast | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g