Skillet nachos. It’s Memorial Day Weekend! One of the biggest grilling weekends of the year! So why am I sharing some nachos? Well they are great for a party or if you want something super easy. And these skillet nachos can be finished in under 30 minutes.
I mean who doesn’t love nachos? It’s just one of those dishes that is comfort 101. What makes them even better is they are made in one dish so less cleanup! It’s called skillet nachos for a reason!
Ok a little off topic here. So if you’ve followed my blog, hopefully you’ve noticed the change in the pictures. While I’ve been doing this blog for over a year I have never been satisfied with my pictures. The lighting in my kitchen just isn’t great for pictures. So a couple of months ago I built a light that I can use to take pictures in my basement. While I’m by no means a photo expert, it definitely has helped with the pictures. It actually looks like an actual food blog now! Anyways these nachos couldn’t be easier or tastier! The only thing missing is some guacamole! So give them a try!
- 1 lb chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 10 cups tortilla chips
- 16 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- diced tomatoes, green onions, black olives and jalapenos
- salsa or guacamole for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in cast iron skillet. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Shred and add taco seasoning and mix until the chicken is coated. Remove chicken and wipe down skillet.
- Spread tortilla chips in even layer over the bottom of the skillet. Add half the chicken, half the black beans and half the cheese. Add a second layer of tortilla chips and top with the remaining chicken, beans and cheese.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with your desired toppings and serve with some salsa or guacamole. Enjoy!