You see roasted red pepper hummus at every grocery store, but this quick to make dip is way better than anything you buy pre-made.
Lauren and I love to host people and any host knows you can’t have a good party without some snacks/appetizers to hold them over. And to me, there isn’t much better than a dip that takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. This hummus gives a Mediterranean twist on a classic Middle Eastern dip.
Yes you can just as easily buy hummus at the store, but with this homemade roasted red pepper hummus, you know what goes in. And like I said it really is very simple to make. So if you’re looking for ideas for a healthy party snack or just love hummus, I suggest giving this a try. Hope you enjoy!
What Ingredients are in this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe?
- Roasted red peppers
- Olive oil
- Spices – paprika, cumin, salt
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Add all the ingredients except the roasted red peppers to the food processor.
- Puree to make smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add roasted red peppers and puree until mixed in. Add water in tbsp intervals if you need to reach desired consistency. I personally don’t add water.
How to Roast Red Peppers
If you really want to step up your game, you can roast your own red peppers and not buy jarred. Turn the broiler on and move a rack to about 6″ from the top. Remove core of peppers and seeds if desired and cut into flat pieces. Arrange the pieces on a baking sheet skin-side up and broil for 5-10 minutes, or until skin is charred.
Place peppers in bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 15 minutes. Peel or scrape away the charred skin and thinly dice. Use for hummus.
Other Appetizer Recipes
- Rosemary Hummus
- Authentic Guacamole
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Goat Cheese
- Baked Mac and Cheese Bites
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 3/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 (15 oz can) chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add everything except the red peppers to the food processor. Puree to make smooth, about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add roasted red peppers and puree until mixed in. Add water if needed to reach desired consistency in tbsp increments. Serve immediately or store in fridge until ready.