If you grew up loving the original cream bars from Popsicle, then these four ingredient homemade orange creamsicles will make you feel like a kid again.
Don’t get me wrong, the classic orange creamsicle is tough to beat but there is so much satisfaction to be had from making something from scratch that’s even better. The fact that it only takes four ingredients to prepare doesn’t hurt. Another bonus is you actually know what’s going in these homemade creamsicles. The combination of the brightness from the orange and creaminess from the yogurt makes for a great combination.
If it’s a hot summer day out, I wouldn’t hesitate in making these orange creamsicles. And if you have kids, they’ll be wanting more as soon as they’re done. Hope you enjoy!
What Ingredients are in this Orange Creamsicle Recipe?
- Yogurt (can also use Greek yogurt or heavy cream)
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Orange Creamsicles
- In a food processor or blender, add the orange juice, sliced orange and honey.
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add the yogurt, vanilla extract and orange zest.
- Blend for 1 minute or until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Pour mixture in popsicle molds
- Place popsicle molds in freezer for at least 4 hours before eating.
Can I Replace the Yogurt?
Yes. One of the benefits of this recipe is the yogurt can be easily replaced by Greek yogurt, heavy cream, coconut milk or even vanilla ice cream. It really is up to you, but just keep in mind that every single one will add a slightly different flavor to the orange creamsicle popsicles.
What Popsicle Mold Should I Use for these Orange Creamsicles?
So I’m a fan of the Zoku classic pop molds that are around $20, but you can find a ton of different options on Amazon. They all work the same way.
Other Dessert Recipes
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Add orange juice, orange and honey to a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add yogurt, vanilla extract and orange zest and process for 60 seconds or until mixture is thick.
- Pour mixture into individual popsicle molds and add stick to center. Place in freezer for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer and let sit on counter for 5 minutes before removing from mold. If you can't pull out popsicles, run the molds until hot water for a few seconds until you can pull them out.