With dried lavender and lavender essential oil, this homemade sugar scrub helps remove dead skin and unblocks pores leaving your skin feeling healthy.
Lauren's birthday was a little over a week ago. I've always really enjoyed giving gifts and coming up with creative ideas! In the past I would have researched hours on end for what I thought would be the perfect gift. But taking those woodworking classes brought out my DIY nature.
There is just something about making something yourself when giving to others. It's hard to explain but I just get so much more joy out of giving someone a gift I actually made. With that in mind, I was scouring the internet for some ideas for Lauren. One that caught my eye was a sugar scrub recipe with essential oils. It is the most natural way to soften, exfoliate and to freshen up the skin. While I myself have never really used lotions or even knew what sugar scrub was, Lauren loves her lotion so I thought this lavender sugar scrub would be perfect!
After looking up a few different recipes I came up with what I thought would be the ideal blend with this lavender sugar scrub! For anyone who loves lavender, this DIY sugar scrub is for you!
Lavender Sugar Scrub Ingredients
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil melted
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
How to Make Sugar Scrub
1. Get together ingredients.
2. In small bowl mix together sugars.
3. Slowly add the oil to the sugar mixture. (I used olive oil but you can use coconut oil as well) You can add more oil if needed, but don't overdo it, otherwise the scrub will be too oily. Stir in the essential oil and dried lavender.
4. Store in airtight container and will last up to 3 months. It's best to apply the sugar scrub after taking a hot shower as your skin pores are open.