This quick and easy pan-fried salmon with a sweet and sticky honey garlic lemon glaze is the perfect healthy weeknight meal. I mean who doesn’t love quick and healthy?
It’s funny if you ask people what their favorite fish is, I feel like the majority will answer salmon. I might be wrong on this but it definitely seems by far the most popular fish to eat these days. Good thing too, as it ranks 2nd on the healthiest fish to eat according to Eat This, Not That! Salmon is definitely a go-to dinner for us if I’m only making something for one night or just need a quick and healthy meal. And when I say this is an easy salmon recipe, I really mean it. This honey salmon can be on your plate in under 15 minutes. I’m all about the easy meals and fish is definitely something that is perfect for that. But if you’re not feeling seafood tonight, there are plenty of quick and easy recipes on the site that you will love.
I’ll admit, Lauren and I don’t eat a ton of seafood. We’re trying to be better with it and this recipe is just the start. So if you’re like me and wanting something that’s healthy but super easy to make, this pan-fried salmon recipe might be just what you’re looking for. It doesn’t hurt that it tastes great as well.
What Ingredients are in this Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe?
- Olive oil
- Produce – garlic, lemon, parsley
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Honey Garlic Salmon
- In small bowl, mix together the honey and lemon juice and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook for 5 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for another minute or until cooked through. Note – Also if you can’t flip salmon as it is sticking, then let it cook longer.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add honey and lemon juice mixture to skillet to deglaze the pan. Cook for another 2 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and sauce is thickened. Note – The thicker the salmon the longer it takes to cook. If you have a thicker than normal piece of salmon, I suggest throwing it in the broiler for 2-3 minutes, otherwise it will take to long to cook on the stove top and you will your sauce by the time the salmon is cooked.
- Top with some fresh parsley and serve immediately.
What Salmon Can I Use?
If possible always go with wild salmon as it’s healthier than farmed salmon. The best types of salmon for pan-frying are coho, king, sockeye and spring.
How to Pan-Fry Salmon
It’s much easier than you think, but it’s important to use skin-on salmon.. Add oil to a large skillet and increase heat to medium-high. You want it hot to get the skin crispy. Season the salmon with salt and pepper before adding the salmon skin-side down. You’ll want to fry for 4-5 minutes and then flip the salmon over to fry another minute to cook through. Please note if you can’t flip the salmon, it means you need to cook it a little longer.
What Side Dishes Go with Salmon?
Asparagus is always a go-to of ours with salmon but you can also make roasted potatoes, carrots or Brussels sprouts. Some simple rice works well with this particular dish.
Other Seafood Recipes
Honey Garlic Salmon
- 4 (6 oz) salmon filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on one side. (If it's still stuck to pan, give it more time to cook)
- Flip and cook for another minute. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Combine honey and lemon juice in small bowl and add to the pan to deglaze. Cook for another 2 minutes or until salmon is cooked and sauce is thickened.
- Spoon sauce over salmon and serve immediately. Top with parsley if desired.