These chocolate peanut butter banana bites are made from just four ingredients and are guilt-free as well. Just keep them in the freezer and eat when one when you want.
Happy New Year! It’s all about eating healthy in January so of course I share a dessert/snack! But not just any dessert, a dessert that actually is healthy! And make no mistake – these chocolate peanut butter banana bites couldn’t be easier to make.
I don’t know many people who don’t like chocolate. And for the 99% of people who love chocolate, most love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. When eating these, for some reason it took me back to dipping bananas in chocolate fondue. Yes I know that seems like a far stretch but really the only time I’ve ever had chocolate and banana together would be with fondue. Yes there is peanut butter in the middle but that makes them even better. This simple dessert is a guilt-free way to enjoy the combination. Oh and did I mention this couldn’t be easier to make?
Really the only issue with these frozen chocolate banana bites is after having one, you might want more! But remember we’re trying to be healthy so it’s all about moderation! But hey if you sneak more than one, I don’t blame you! They can be quite hard to resist. Hope you enjoy.
What Ingredients are in this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites Recipe?
- Peanut butter
- Dark chocolate
- Coconut oil
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Slice the bananas about 1/4″ thick.
- Arrange half the banana slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with an even amount of peanut butter then place another banana slice on top. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Put the chocolate and coconut oil in heat proof bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Use a fork to tip the frozen peanut butter banana bites in the chocolate until it’s coated. Place back on parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat process. Place the chocolate covered banana bites in the freezer for 1 1/2 hours or until they are set.
What If I’m Allergic to Peanut Butter?
Not a problem. I realize peanut butter allergies are pretty high these days. You can easily replace the peanut butter with almond butter, sunflower seed butter or cookie butter – yes I said cookie butter!
Other Dessert Recipes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the bananas about 1/4" thick. Arrange half the slices on the baking sheet. Spread peanut butter onto each slice and then top with another banana slice. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in heat proof bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Using a fork, dip the frozen bananas in the chocolate until it's coated. Place back on baking sheet with parchment paper and repeat until all bananas are coated. Place in freezer for 1 1/2 hours or until they are set. You can eat immediately or let out of freezer for a couple of minutes before eating.