This garlic herb chicken is an easy skillet recipe with a tasty garlic herb butter sauce that's perfect for a weeknight meal. Chicken with some type of wine butter sauce! Is there much better? I feel like pretty much all of my favorite chicken dishes involve butter and wine, or chicken broth if you don't have any.
The great thing about this chicken dish is how quick and easy it is. I've said in the past that I love recipes that are packed with flavor, but simple to make and this is no different. The fresh herbs go great with the garlic and butter. And yes if you don't have wine, it's not a huge deal but it does tastes a little better with it... at least in my opinion. Plus if you're using wine, you have to drink what's left and there's never anything wrong with drinking some wine with dinner.
So if you're looking for a quick weeknight meal that can be made in under 30 minutes (and potentially wanting to use some white wine in the process), this dish is for you. So give this a try and hope you enjoy!
Recipes Similar to Garlic Herb Chicken:
Chicken with Garlic Herb Butter Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- salt and pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth or dry white wine
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 2 tbsp butter to same skillet. Add garlic and sage and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits. Add remaining butter, thyme and rosemary and stir until butter is melted.
- Return the chicken to the pan and spoon sauce on top. Serve with a side of vegetables. Enjoy!