These banana Nutella crepes, or French pancakes, are simple to make but loaded with bananas, Nutella and topped with some granola. Easter is this weekend! Where is the time going this year? It happens to also be my mother-in-laws birthday on the 2nd. So I figured why not include a recipe that is both one of her favorites but also a great Easter brunch idea – banana Nutella crepes. I remember the first time I decided to make crepes. Honestly, I was a little intimidated. I had watched them being made on TV and just wasn’t sure I’d be able to get the crepes thin enough where they aren’t pancakes.
I immediately realized that my fear was unfounded. The big thing is you just have to swirl the pan as soon as you drop the batter in, and obviously don’t use too much batter which is why I tell you the exact amount to use! The great thing about crepes is you can make them sweet or savory.
While I’ll be sharing plenty of crepe recipes down the road, today is about Banana Nutella Crepes. Why? Well it was the first crepe I ever made and is still our go-to if we feel like crepes. Plus as I mentioned, they’d make for a great brunch on certain holidays! Hope you enjoy!
Recipes Similar to Banana Nutella Crepes:
Banana Nutella Crepes
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Butter for coating pan
- 4-6 bananas, cut into 1/2 in slices
- 1 jar Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup granola (I use Bear Naked Cacao & Cashew Butter)
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, water, flour, butter, vanilla and salt and pulse for 20 seconds. Place the crepe batter in fridge for 1 hour, which allows the bubbles to settle down. (If you don't have an extra hour, it's not a huge deal. I made these without waiting)
- Heat an eight inch non-stick pan over medium heat. Add butter to coat pan. Pour about 1/4 cup crepe mixture into center of pan and tilt/swirl the pan so the batter spreads evenly. Cook for about 1 minute, until the bottom is light brown. Use a spatula and flip and cook for another 30 seconds. Place on plate and repeat process until all batter is cooked.
- Once crepes are done, spread a thin layer of hazelnut spread (about 1 tbsp) across middle of crepe and add 4-5 sliced bananas. Roll crepe and place seam-side down. Repeat with remaining crepes. Top with some banana slices and granola. Enjoy!